Friday, September 22, 2006

Kicky McKickerson

That's my new name for the foal who was brought in the other day with a swelling on her hind leg and whose case I took. She's five months old and apparently she hasn't been handled much because when I tried to listen to her heart and lungs she belted me with her hind leg and got me in the knee. When we decided to take her in for surgery to de-bulk the wound she kicked another student, Juline, who was holding her for sedation. She also kicked out the other day as I was leaving the stall, but I was well out of her way when she did that. She also tries to bite. A real darling, our little foal.
Other than that the week is going well. I'm enjoying Large Animal Surgery rotation. I've seen some cool surgeries and got to put in a catheter (into the foal- and I did it!) and do a nerve block on a big draft horse. Pretty good stuff.

1 comment:

Katie said...

yes, we've always had a way with names, now, haven't we?