Saturday, September 16, 2006

I galloped a Clydesdale!!

I would have posted this last weekend except I was hoping to scan some pictures of me and my horse, but the scanner refuses to work. I'm not bitter. Anyway, last Saturday my friend Sinead and I went horse back riding in Enniskerry, about 15 minutes from Churchtown. It was really pretty countryside (if the scanner ever works you can see it along with my pictures from seeing practice in Kildare). At first I was put on a pinto horse named "Apache" and he was nice, but when we got out to the field all the horses took off at a gallop (my first gallop!!) and one of the riders was uncomfortable with his horse. So they asked if I would switch horses with him, and suddenly I was on a Clydesdale. He was so big- probably 17 hands. I was a little nervous but he was actually a really nice horse as well, and he had a problems with his airway, so he would get a little winded and slow down before most of the other horses (the guy probably should have stayed on him). The horses pretty much knew when we were at a place where they would supposed to gallop, and they would go from a stand-still to a gallop in a few seconds! It was so much fun! We jumped a little bit as well, and that was fun too. I can't wait to do it again- why didn't I start doing this in 1st year??

No comments: